Tuesday, July 26, 2011

utmost.org

The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience.

“Don’t say another word to me; first be obedient by making things right.”


Obedience. Obey. I must say I'm not good at that.
But I've made a decision to be a follower of Christ.
Therefore, I must put away my pride...and my laziness.
Danielle, you can do this!

When Jesus drives something home to you through His Word, don’t try to evade it. If you do, you will become a religious impostor. Examine the things you tend simply to shrug your shoulders about, and where you have refused to be obedient, and you will know why you are not growing spiritually. As Jesus said, “First . . . go . . ..” Even at the risk of being thought of as fanatical, you must obey what God tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment