Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Utmost For His Highest

"The reality of God's presence is not dependent on any place, but only dependent upon the determination to set the Lord always before us." -Oswald Chambers

Many times we forget this.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. [Isaiah 55:8-9]


When problems arise, we always want 'em to be solved immediately. And God doesn't always answer our prayers immediately.

I have learned that whenever I pray to God saying, "Lord I lift up this matter to You...You know what's best", I must mean what I say. I mean, He's God! He's the one who created the universe, including you and I. Of course He knows what's best. Even though He may be slow to answering my prayers, I know I am in good hands. Therefore I must learn to be still and wait upon the Lord. Yes, even when the world is moving fast.

Sometimes, it is necessary to shut yourself from the world and tune in God's frequency THEN you will be able to hear so much clearer...

"we think we need so many useless things, when all we really need is time to breathe" Between The Trees - The Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment