Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sanctification

What is sanctification?

I searched on Google and found these...

*the state of growing in divine grace as a result of Christian commitment after baptism or conversion

*To set apart for sacred use; consecrate.

*To make holy; purify.

*The process by which a Christian believer is made holy through the action of the Holy Spirit.

*The act of sanctifying or making holy; the state of.

Question for the day... Can someone truly be made holy?

A few years back... while singing and worshiping in one of the youth service, both my hands were raised and I received a vision...I saw a hand wrote on the palm of my hand "holy"... right after that I had a lot of questions in my head. What are you trying to say to me, Lord? You want me to be holy? What? How? Can I?... What does it mean to be holy? what IS holy?

What I learned recently is that it is indeed God's will for us to be holy. The question is... are we willing?

See, the thing is...we can't be made holy by our own works no matter how hard we try!
I believe it is an act of dying to self AND letting God work IN me.

1 Corinthians 1:30
New Living Translation (NLT)
30 God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin.


The most wonderful secret of living a holy life does not lie in imitating Jesus, but in letting the perfect qualities of Jesus exhibit themselves in my human flesh.

Sanctification means the impartation of the holy qualities of Jesus Christ to me. It is the gift of His patience, love, holiness, faith, purity, and godliness that is exhibited in and through every sanctified soul.

The perfection of everything is in Jesus Christ, and the mystery of sanctification is that all the perfect qualities of Jesus are at my disposal.

Am I willing for God to make sanctification as real in me as it is in His Word?
- Oswald Chambers [My Utmost for His Highest]

No comments:

Post a Comment