Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Transparent

I've always liked the idea of being transparent about my life to people around me. I mean, I don't like to lie and pretend like everything is going fine when they ask "how are you?". I'm full of doubts and mistakes just like most people. I call myself a Christian but I don't always do what Christians should be doing. Without myself realizing it, I judge people and I find it hard to forgive sometimes. Everyone has a different story to tell. Everyone has a battle to fight. Sometimes I look at people on the streets and I wonder what kinda problem they're facing...maybe bigger than mine. "When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you or you can let it strengthen you." Recently, I've been feeling very disappointed and frustrated to the point where I have no choice but to come to God and pour out to Him. For a few nights I cried myself to sleep. And as each time I pour out to Him, I feel more liberated. I needed the conversation. I needed to hear those words. "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." - Exodus 14:13-14 The fact that God sees my most inner being (probably where I place some of the things that I try to hide) and yet still accepts me... it calms me. It's like finding myself again but this time, in a new place. I don't know. I'm just as lost. "Close your eyes this time, cause trust will be your light tonight" Grey is necessary. I don't know what the future holds. I certainly do not know what He has in store for me. But one thing I'm sure, I'm in good hands. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11 I see things a blur now but maybe someday I'll see things in a bigger picture. =) He is good.

1 comment:

  1. amen! thank you for this!

    i also find it too amazing that He can be good to me. I'm such a failure. But God just forgives and keeps proving to me His love for me.

    ReplyDelete